Why Do We Hate Lebron so Much!??!?

English: Lebron James: Dunking Washington Wiza...

English: Lebron James: Dunking Washington Wizards v/s Miami Heat March 30, 2011 Italiano: Lebron James Camera: Canon EOS-1D Mark IV License on Flickr: CC-BY-SA-2.0 Flickr tags: LeBron James (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

English: Pat Riley trying to get his players' ...

English: Pat Riley trying to get his players’ attention. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

NBA player LeBron James answers questions duri...

NBA player LeBron James answers questions during a press conference after a preseason practice session Sept. 28, 2010, at the Aderholt Fitness Center at Hurlburt Field, Fla. The Miami Heat used the fitness center for their week-long training camp. James is a forward for the Heat. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

He is truly a gifted athlete.  He is a man of endless talent and energy. His exploits on the court are well documented.  He can shoot the jumper…he can go to the hole…his burst of speed and powerful upper body make him a formidable foe.  He is an NBA Champion and could be on the verge of a second accomplishment.

So why do we hate “the King”?  Why do we hate the great Lebron James,  even bordering on despise?

He’s the one that got away.  He’s the one who was going to restore dignity and a winning tradition to “our” team, whichever team you root for.  He was going to fill our cases with championship trophies and our minds with images of grand plays and rockin’ stadiums.

Then he “decided” to star in a patently absurd TV event called “THE DECISION”.  This “event” was the most pompous, over the top, annoying, self aggrandizing spectacle in the history of silly pop culture moments. Really? A TV show to announce where his highness was going to play NBA basketball?  Wait…no cure for cancer?  I think many of us were embarrassed for him.

Then if you are a Knick fan,  he made a decision that rankled us to the core. He chose to follow that weasel Pat Riley and go to Miami.  Eeeesh.  Miami?  The Miami Heat did not need Lebron James.  They had already been to the mountain with star Dwayne Wade. Wouldn’t it have beeen more fitting for “The King” to go somewhere new and resurrect an ailing franchise by the sheer power of his talent and persona?  You know…like Michael did in Chicago.  He wimped out by going somewhere where he didn’t have to shoulder the load all by his lonesome. He went to a team that had an established super star who did it by himself.  He seemed to diminish his own standing by making this dubious choice.  Miami?  He could have owned New York! He would be displaying his abilities in the biggest media market in the world,  in front of ravenous, long deprived Knick fans. The payday would have been astronomical.  He couldn’t stand the heat,  so he opted to play for them instead.

So why do we hate Lebron so much?  because he left us at the altar,  which dreams of NBA dynasties dancing in our heads,

This entry was posted in Sports and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Why Do We Hate Lebron so Much!??!?

1. jeff gardner says:

Okay, I get it! Don’t mind me, but I m out in left field here in Panama and don’t follow the US sports thing that much. I never was much of a Jock, anyway. I loved The Islanders, the BROOKLYN Dodgers and the Mets. but I have never followed basketball that much. But I have an opinion about this Lebron James thing. What an egotistical jerk! What makes sports stars think that their feces are not fetid! Give me a break!

2. Bill Deegan says:

He’s the leader of the new NBA…..tattooed , ego driven thugs who have no respect for the past or the team concept of the game. Give me hockey any day !

Well I don’t know if we can paint Lebron with such a broad brush. I’m no fan of the covered in tattoos deal but then again having tattoos “doth not a thug make”. I think Lebron is a fine upstanding fellow from everything I’ve ever heard, seen or read about him. I just hated the whole “decision” BS and I’ll admit it…he spurned my advances! Though I did get to dance with Melo for a couple of rounds this playoff season. That made it a little better 😉

Sent from my Eye Phone

3. Bill Deegan says:

My daughter has tats so not saying its that alone. It’s the way they carry themselves on and off the court, wives with reality shows , and yes the decision fiasco that has turned me off. Remember the 69 Knicks, that was a team, not just one guy making all the noise.

4. Bill Deegan says:

I know, I’m starting to sound like my old man talking about Duke Snider..lol

hahahaha…Hey Bill we’re all guilty of making our own generations stars, be they music, sports or otherwise, the biggest thing ever! LOL In some cases it may be true, but in many cases it’s what we see thru the looking glass.

Pat Riley is a weasel? I don’t think so! He is the handsomest coach in pro basketball, very easy on the eyes. I think a lot of the women rather like him. 🙂

Handsome? So was John Wilkes Booth…another weasel and traitor! Riley signs a contract, comes to New York, starts a new chapter with the Patrick Ewing Knicks and then shortly thereafter walks out on his contract to join the enemy in Miami. Handsome? Who cares? He’s a J E R K.

6. Bill Deegan says:

End of the day, ya can’t argue with results…King James won the hardware.

If Ray Allen doesn’t make that shot end of game 6, we’re talking about what an amazing run the Spurs have had! It only goes to show you that even the biggest, greatest of stars can’t do it without the help of all the role players around them. How about the play of Mike Miller? Awesome. When Wade couldn’t step up, all the other pieces did and helped take Lebron to a second consecutive title. Too bad he’s not a Knick!